12.05.2013

What's in my Makeup Bag - 3


I absolutely adore looking inside peoples makeup bags. Is that weird? Whatever. It's interesting to see all the stuff they're using at that moment. To see how they're pairing all their items together and to see what sticks around from this time to the next time you take a peek. I've done a couple others before here and here, so I wanted to do another updated one this week with what I've got going here as my makeup back is constantly changing. Is that just me or do you all do that too?


I always love doing a soft brown smokey eye. It's my absolute favorite and most worn look. And if you ran across my previous post this morning, you'll know I have a weakness for soft pink blushes. Ergo, these products have come together. I'm still enjoying using the Smashbox Photofinish Light primer which I mentioned in my October Faves. It doesn't feel like slippery silicone (I hate the feeling of silicone on my face) and it helps my makeup last longer. For my base, I've been using Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua which is an amazing foundation. It's lightweight, nondrying with a radiant, but not shiny finish. It's water based so it feels comfortable on the skin. It will give a light/medium coverage. It's really a pretty one. Then, if I need any concealer that day, I'll use my Makeup Forever Full Cover concealer which is waterproof and very full coverage without being too thick and cakey. Moving onto the eyes, I just purchased the NARS Kalahari duo eyeshadows and I'm obsessed. They're two medium browns, one shimmery bronze and one satiny brown. I use the bronze on my lid with the brown on the outer corner and underneath my bottom lash line for a soft smokey look. On the days when I have time and want to amp it up, I've been using my M.A.C Powersurge eye pencil and drawing this onto my waterline. It's a bronzy golden color which gives depth without being too harsh. It's my favorite eye pencil. Like ever. Then, I'll take my Stila Waterproof Eye Liner and do a think line really close to my top lashes just to define my eyes. My favorite part of any makeup look is lashes! I'm so completely taken by the YSL Babydoll mascara that I don't know if you'll hear me talk about anything else anytime soon. It defines your lashes and gives serious volume. It's fantastic. Then, to finish off the face, I take my YSL Parisian Nite Radiant blush an apply this to my cheeks for a soft pink look. It does have a hint of shimmer running through it, but if I'm going out or feeling sassy, I'll add my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose to the tops of my cheek bones. It goes perfectly with this blush and just makes your cheeks look super glowy and healthy. This is another new product that I've instantly fallen in love it. I want to try other colors (no Jesenia…. resist!!). And last but not least, a little lippie. I've been so faithful to the Bite Beauty Lipstick in Fig. It's just the perfect warm medium pink. It's not bright so it gives you a pink lip without looking unnatural and the formula is very moisturizing. I think this is my absolute favorite pink lipstick!

This time, I wanted to include my nails and fragrance as I love how it just completes the feeling of a look, right?! I'm enjoying Essie's Mocaccino on my nails which is a soft medium taupe/grey color with lots of silver shimmer in it. And for a feminine floral scent that's soft and pretty, I've been reaching for D&G's #3. 


That's just about everything! What's in your makeup bag right now?
Talk soon! Kisses, J

No comments :

Post a Comment