1.21.2014

Spring Makeup - YSL Spring 2014 Beauty

I cannot believe we're already thinking Spring, but it's pretty much the end of January so it's time! I have to admit though that I've been eyeing the YSL Spring 2014 makeup collection since December. I saw promo images of it and practically fainted. OK, slight exaggeration there, but you catch my drift. It's beautiful!! The limited edition compacts are these pretty pinks with gold cutting through it like marble. It almost reminds me of branches. So gorgeous. And the colors are perfect for spring. Vibrant pinks and coral reds with soft lavender pink and peachy oranges. It's mere perfection. The Pivoine eyeshadow palette is great for a soft or punchy eye look. The pink may throw a few of you off, but theres a soft dusty pink in there that's beautiful on the lids as well as that soft peachy orange color with the perfect champagne color in the center to highlight and a deep brown for definition. It's definitely a feminine palette with all shimmery shades. I love it so much I almost didn't want to touch it! Below are the promo images and some swatches from the palette. 


The colors give beautiful washes of color that are easily blendable. I think it's a really sophisticated way of doing color that isn't too over the top. LOVE!
       

Next up are the nail polishes which I think are absolutely the stars of the show here. Usually shadows are my thing, but if I had to go for one thing in this collection, I'd pick up the nail polishes. These are the YSL La Laque Couture polishes and the formula is fantastic. This is the first time I've tried a polish from YSL and I'm pleasantly surprised. The colors are so opaque even in the first coat (although I always do two out of habit). Both colors are very creamy (no shimmer) and easy to apply. Especially with the brush. It's the type of brush that's wide and flat with a rounded cut tip so it fits into the nail beds perfectly and the bristles spread out nicely so you can coat your entire nail in one or two strokes. 

      

The colors are also fantastic. Rose Scabiosa (48) is the perfect lavender pink shade. It's to die for. I have already had this on my nails for two week. Which says a lot for someone who paints her nails every few days. The second shade is this beautiful vibrant red. I call this a "happy spring red". If ever there was a perfect spring time red, it's this. I'm over the moon about both these colors. Can you tell?!!?! 


I've been eyeing the blush from the collection as well, but I haven't been able to track it down. Plus, I really should be saving my money, but OMG it looks gorgeous!!! Maybe next paycheck, eh? Anyways, hope you all are doing well! Have you been eyeing anything for Spring?
Talk soon. Kisses, J


No comments :

Post a Comment